Friday, October 17, 2008

Pellets

Today's weight: 1.46

I have been giving her mixed pellets of what breeder gave us and the Sweet Meadows Blend because I already bough it for Buddy and had some left over.
Sweet Meadow was recommended by vet and the pet store where we got Buddy.
I use their timothy hay also.
So far,
Poochie is eating mixed pellets fine, but I wanted to try different one.
After much research, I bought Oxbow Bunny Basics 15/23.

It has:
Crude Protein min 15.00%Crude Fiber max 25.00%Calcium max 1.00%

Sweet Meadow Blend:
Crude Protein min 15.00%Crude Fiber max 20.00%Calcium max 1.15%
The Sweet Meadow Blend is Timothy and Alfalfa
mixed but Bunny Basics has Alfalfa only.
I prefer to go with Timothy mix since Alfalfa
has usually more calcium and Poochie makes white clouded pee and that means too much calcium. But as far as I see the fact, the Bunny Basics 15/23 seems better because it has more fiber in it.
Now, I gave
Poochie a little bit of Bunny Basic, and she was OK with it.

The problem is that I have to drive a bit to get Oxbow product. It is same for Sweet Meadow products, but I have to go different stores now. To my surprise, pricing of pellets and hay varies depends on the store.
I found a store sell it for 8 dollars and the other sells 4.99.

The closest store is Petco but everything is so expensive over there.
In adidtion, it does not carry Oxbow nor Sweet Meadow.

No comments: